Monday, September 26, 2005

Returning to Questions asked but never answered...


This old dragon still has a serious issue with faith in humanity stuck in the back of his dusty brain, but we aren't going there now. I fear that if I spew out what I am thinking I will permanently taint my relationship with humankind and I don't want that to happen. Maybe after I calm down just a bit, I can write about it, but for right now I might just go on a rage and eat a couple of humans guilty only of straying too close to an angry and disillusioned old dragon.

So I have decided that today is a good day to go to the mail bag as it were. I was asked several questions weeks ago, but have up until now ignored these questions. That is a Dragon's prerogative after all. For some reason people never get too insistent with me anyway. Hmm, I wonder why. And now on to the questions:

So seriously, though, a historical question: is there a dragon-like being in Incan mythology?

Yes, and she's not just mythological. Her name is Mama Pacha and the Incans saw her as something like your mother nature. They thought she helped them with their crops and ensured good growing seasons. They also think she created earth quakes when she was mad. To be honest I am not sure where the helping with crops bit came from, but there were various dragons that caused earthquakes or at least what appeared to be earthquakes. Sometimes we do that when we are just moving around with out much care.

And this leads to another question, given the Incan dragon snobbery: Where are you from, originally?

Hmm, tough question to answer that one. My parents pretty much abandoned me at birth. I only remember being in a mountain near by a great ocean. I wandered quite a bit and ended up spending a lot of time through what you call Central America. My best guess is that I am from some where in Mexico, but I really can't say for sure.

We have heard much of your treasure trove. What is in it?

Wow, getting personal now, aren't we? Or maybe you just didn't realize that to a dragon his treasure trove is about as personal as you can get. Few people ever see one and live to tell about it. Now some dragons actually do have gold, silver and jewels as their treasure, but then again some are much more sentimental. Mine has some 'valuables', probably enough to make any human very wealthy, but it is more mementos. Things that remind me of dragons, people and places. Portraits, shells, skeletons, armor, weapons, books, furniture, paintings; even a few photographs and old notes.

How do you get your treasure?

I pretty much collect it and have collected it over the years. I don't generally steal it if that's what you are asking, though I lot of it has come in the form of gifts and tributes. The honest gifts mean more than tributes out of fear, but I collect them all just the same.

Do dragons trade treasure with one another?

Generally no, though we do often gift treasures to one another. Often we just keep what we have in our own hoards. It is very rare when we even let another dragon see our hoards.

Have there been great dragon wars over treasure?

Have you been reading Tolkein again? No, never any dragon wars at all, much less wars over treasure. Dragons are solitary beings so it would be pretty much impossible to get enough of us together to actually have a war. Plus we try not to attack one another, there aren't many of us left. On the hand, some dragons, the greedier ones, have fought over treasure especially after another dragon dies. But, we don't like to talk about.

And that is all for today. Maybe tomorrow we will get back into my feelings on humanity.

Jack Dragon

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question. Can dragons really shapeshift?

5:30 AM  
Blogger Jack Dragon said...

Hmm, interesting question, but if I answer it I might have to eat you.

Shape shifting is one of those ideas that is always better in the movies where a dragon can change instantly into a beautiful women and then into a giant scorpion before turning back into a dragon.

In real life that doesn't happen, it can't happen. Though with that said there are techniques a dragon can use to blend into his environment, call it extreme camoflage, but that leads people to believe we shape shift.

We also have ways that we can travel much closer to humans without disturbing them the way a giant scaley beast flying overhead might disturb them. I'll leave the details of this vague, 'cause I really don't want to have to eat you.

I like you too much to even consider eating you, even though I am sure you would be tasty.

Jack

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um.........I don't much wanna be Rabbit Stew! *starts wiggling ears and in a puff of smoke changes into an Elf.* Good thing I can shapeshift!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Jack Dragon said...

An Elf, I should have known. Don't worry, I wouldn't even consider eating you. I apologize, I guess it isn't funny when someone as terrifying old and mean looking as I makes comments about how tasty you would be. No more food comparison as an elf or a rabbit. Though I do have a thing for elves, the can make pretty good friends.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Just came across your site, while I was looking for something on Snopes.

I'm curious, do you talk to other dragons often? And have you ever heard of a group called Shadowlore? Its a group for Otherkin. I.e.: elves, therians, vampires, trolls, dragons, starseed, etc. Its at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShadowLore if you ever want to check it out.

It was great to find a dragon blogging out here! And I'm flattered by your comment about elves :)

-Ellendra

2:47 AM  
Blogger The Ferret said...

I'm now more curious as well. Do the Incan dragons feel superior only to humans or to other dragons as well? And if so does the snobbery result from not knowing one's birthplace or living in a certain area of period of time (ie, due to age)

As well you mention that a dragon's trove is exceptionally personal which makes me wonder why you speak of it so much on here? I state this with the caveat that this isn't me criticizing or complaining, simply wishing to better understand.

I hope eventually my queries can be answered and that I'm not asking more questions than is considered polite.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home