Sunday, July 31, 2005

Back from my Dragon Vacation

Another short post from this old Dragon. I'm back from two weeks of hanging out with mountain dragons in the Andes and the water dragons of the Amazon. It was a great break from my usual dragon business, but this dragon is still happy to be home.

I read several books while I was away, including The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway. Have I mentioned yet that I think that man has streaks of pure genius? Well I do. I read the book once when I was but a young dragonling and it didn't' have much meaning to me. But this time it was so very different.

There were passages of the book where ol' Pappa Hemingway seemed to be speaking right to me. It was like Jack and the Pappa were having a nice long talk. I wouldn't say that he solved any problems I've been dealing with, not that dragons have problems that our appetite can't solve, but he did give me new perspective.

Something to think about while I have a nice long slumber on my treasure trove. And now I will go and have that long dream filled nap that I need to sort things out. I hope that I will find the clear path I need to take before I awake though experience has taught me nothing is ever that easy. I do have more to think about and more paths to chose from and with that I am off to sleep.

I hope the sun will peak from the clouds tomorrow,

Jack

1 Comments:

Blogger The Ferret said...

I am glad to see your vacation was a success though it does raise in me curiousities about types of dragons, though I have faith that later in the blog these may be mentioned. if not I'll certainly raise the question again.

What sort of perspective changes did the book impart to you by the way?

As well I'm curious about your comment that dragons suffer few problems that cannot be solved by their appetites. As you spoke of pain and loss in the past I find it odd that you now state your appetite is the only solution. Do you not consider slumber a solution as well?

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home