Saturday, July 16, 2005

Leaving for South America

Well ol' Jack's about to leave for a couple weeks in South America. A Dragon vacation as it were. I need to get away from Dragon business and what's been bothering me in and around my den lately. I will be dropping in on Machu Picchu and am hoping for some kind of spiritual revelation, not that these things happen to old dragons very much. But I could use a little unworldly intervention to help me set things straight in this sad old mind of mine.

The weather has been gloomy and overcast for several days now. This has put me into an unusually dreary mood. But I awoke this morning just knowing that the sun might be out for just a little while. I spent the entire morning arguing with myself, between expecting the sun and insisting that it wasn't going to be out for a long time yet. But the sun did come out, and I enjoyed it, but as it dipped behind the clouds again, I felt that I might just be a fool. Does the sun wait for me, does she miss me when I am in my mountain, does she feel my loss the way I feel hers?

Off to vacation now, I might post from vacation and I might not post until I return. It matters little since the world never feels the loss of a dragon...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Ferret said...

I cannot stay silent on your comment how the world does not mourn the loss of a dragon. I know in my small sphere of the world if you should leave or cease these entries I would mourn them. For as I read these entries and dwell upon them and think that not having a new entry to look forward to reading would hurt a great deal. I realize this may not be a ticker tape parade but I can still hope these small missives touch you in some fashion and help to show you of your importance.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home