Monday, August 29, 2005

Even a Dragon can't hide in a cave forever

Well today's the day that Jack crawls out of his cave and into the sunlight, er the cloud difused sunlight. My island doesn't seem to get direct sunlight anymore and I'm fine with that. Dragons don't need sunlight. We prefer darkness and the moon anyway. So with that said I will proudly step out of my cave. No more moping, pining, or laying around on my treasure trove.

We Dragons are immortal and ironically immoratality comes with enough pain to almost outweigh the benefits. But, we also learn that pain happens, devestation happen, and then we must go on with life. Not that all dragons do this. Some whole up in their caves and grottos for years, decades, centuries until the sleeping dragon becomes part of the very mountain he's hiding out in. This is why there are so few of us left in the world.

But ol' Jack isn't one of those dragons. He's not going to spend immortality in his cave. And he's not going to let the linger sting of his loss cloud his life the way thunderheads obscure his island by the day. No, he's going to step out of his cave, and look to the horizon to embrace the emptiness that is there. I only hope that a thunderstom crashes down upon me, drenching my body though my spirit remains warm and dry.

It is what it is, and Dragons live forever. ..

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog, Jack. *shy smile*

6:57 PM  
Blogger Jack Dragon said...

Thank you. Dragons love compliments, no need to be shy though, I won't eat you, promise. Feel free to compliment all you want, I'll blog more.

7:21 AM  
Blogger The Ferret said...

I compliment you on your strength to leave your cave especially since I know often the pains in my own life feel overwhelming and the thought of the pain accompanied by immortality truly shows your strength, though you may not always recognize it.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home